[linux-dvb] Newbie question: how to get initial frequency file data?

Le 31/05/05 ? 16:59, Tiger Degraw a ?crit :
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have a *very* newbie question about how to get the
> frequency data needed for the input to scan. I'm
> looking for terrestrial data, and while I see the
> files in dvb-t, none of them are for my corner of the
> world (Seattle, in the U.S.). I've also looked at
> antennaweb.org, and while I see the frequency data
> there, I don't see anything about FEC or the rest of
> the parameters that go into the file. Where should I
> be looking for the information to set up my file?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I was wondering how to do that few days ago, here is the answer i got :

Le 27/05/05 ? 03:47, Arne W?rner a ?crit :
> > How to generate a fr-Toulouse file or How to do a full scan on
> > linux?
> >
> I have found this script
>
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=2872&sid=a9c05a2f9b289c6e0223f11038ebaae5
> here:
>   http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=16226
>
> It basically creates a generic init file for dvbscan and the it starts
> dvbscan (from CVS dvb-apps) with that init file...
>
> Possibly you have to adopt some parameters manually (like D, C, ...)?
> :-)

I had to edit the script to remove the -o vdr parameter.
With the generated file, i did a full scan and found all the available
channels.

--
 BuSab