[linux-dvb] WinTV NovaT remote keys - num keys only

Simon Baxter wrote:

> Here's my understanding of how key depresses work.
>
> (in ir-common-c)
>      [ 0x0b ] = KEY_RED,             // red button
>      [ 0x05 ] = KEY_KP5,             // 5
>
> 0x0b = is the pattern that the remote control generates.
> KEY_RED = is what the driver should map the sequence to, when it sees
> a 0x0b arrive

Yes. For a list of new buttons look at
http://weeti.usr.fi/beef/ir-common.c.new_hauppauge_remote.diff

> Here's my problem
> When I tail -f /dev/input/event0 and hit the RED key, nothing happens
>    if I hit the "5" key I get   ^[[G
>
> but
> if I change the line to "     [ 0x0b ] = KEY_KP5  " and recompile,
> then run the tail -f and hit the RED key I get  ^[[G

and you are sure that you actually recompile and reload the module(s)?

> So I deduce....  the key is generating something and the IR receiver
> is picking it up, but the driver doesn't seem to know anything about
> the tag "KEY_RED"
>
> am I correct?
>
> why isn't KEY_RED meaning anything to the kernel/driver?

every key comes back to userspace, fo a list of possible keys take a
loot at include/linux/input.h