[linux-dvb] Skystar 2 / Flexcop CVS driver: frontend event storm?

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >Maybe the i2c code in the flexcop driver is different to skystar2?
>
> What do you mean? The code in flexcop-i2c.c is different in a way that is
> uses different data structures compared to the skystar2.c. (and since last
> week a different error-handling).
>
> Wolfgang, could you please load the b2c2-flexcop.ko with debug=0x05. This
> enables i2c verbosity. (It will be a lot) Maybe you will see some unusual
> error messages.

Please *first* find out what happens in VDR. Only then you know
what to look for in the driver.

If I got it correctly, Wolfgang's description said the problem happens
only with flexcop-pci, while skystar2 with roughly the same frontend
driver and dvb-core works. What yould you guess where the problem is?

Wolfgang, could you "cvs up -D 2005-05-04" and then test
flexcop-pci vs. skystar2 with _exactly_ the same dvb-core
and frontend driver?

Johannes