[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Ondrej Zima wrote:

Hi all,

[...]
> Ok, I describe the process:
> 1) I have kernel version 2.6.11-3 from Debian distro (unstable)

I have got kernel 2.6.10

> 2) I have aplied patches from Gerd
> http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.11-2/All-2.6.11.diff.gz
> 3) I have compiled the Gerd modules
> http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/video4linux-2005-05-03-122123.tar.gz

I have NOT used the patches but used the above modules instead.
As I have got from the docs the patches and Gerd's modules are mutually
exclusive.

> This combination works as I wrote - many glithes in video/audio, after some
> time (about 5 to 10 minutes) the audio/video is gone.

This combination works, with some audio and video glitches, but changing
the channel when they appear and change back after about 10-15 seconds
clears the problem.

Yesterday I recorded more than 4 hours of video from 3sat without any
problems at all.

> If I take the 2.6.11-3 kernel (Debian distro), aply the Gerd patch and
> compile the Linux.TV modules (as someone on the list say), it doesn't work
> coz the unknown symbols.
> I have no idea...

I have kernel 2.6.11-rc3 (I think) in use on a second machine with Gerd's
modules as well and have got less glitches than on the machine here.

Regards,
Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert - Linux TV User