[linux-dvb] Twinhan drivers - dvb-kernel and video4linux from cvs

Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>>after that do a $modprobe dst
>>do a $modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>

> Ok, I've got all the drivers loaded correctly now (can't say if it works yet -
> do not have a sat feed here).
>
> What got me confused was which drivers should be enabled where. Since there was
> a separate dvb-kernel tree, I tried removing most of the drivers from the kernel
> and that is why they were not built. The Makefile  message from the CVS
> indicated that the dvb drivers should be loaded directly from the dvb-kernel
> build-2.6 directory, which in retrospect was not the correct action for what I
> was trying tod o.
>
> Anyway, with the proper options in the kernel configuration, and the patches
> mentioned, it seems to work now. Can't wait to hook it up to a sat feed.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Marius K.

I think that to ensure only needed modules are loaded, you should try to
make modules_install in build-2.6 directory, then
modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
modprobe dst
modprobe dst-ca
modprobe dvb-bt8xx

that's pretty that (dependencies are done correctly thanks to modprobe,
and loading dst before dst-ca is just in case you need to give insmod
options to dst.ko ... such as dst_debug ... but if you don't need no
module options just load dst-ca, which will load dst)
same goes for dvb-bt8xx

(check modinfo if you want to see the dependencies to load modules
separately with module options)

anyway, if I'm not mistaken, you just got the drivers loaded but not
tested your card yet, is that right ?
If that's the case, FreeToAir is easy to test withTwinhan, but not
scrambled channel ... I'll let anyone explain why, I don't have much
experience in that domain to give you the correct explanations
To test FTA, check out dvb-apps directory from CVS, then use dvbscan
(util/scan) to get the channels file to give to szap (util/szap)
I can't explain everything about dvbscan and szap but you should manage
making it work ;) (don't forget -r option of szap, then vlc - <
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0, or any player you like)
Hope this'll help if you had not find yet by yourself

--
CAND Frederic
EPITA GISTR 2005