[linux-dvb] Ultraview Plus DVB-T

On Friday 06 May 2005 03:06, Keith Hopkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    Has anyone had any luck with getting the Ultraview Plus DVB-T card to
> work?  It is a repackaged DVICO FusionHDTV Plus DVB-T card.
>
>    I downloaded the vanilla 2.6.11.1 kernel, applied Chris Pascoe's patch
> to enable the code he had previously added.  I then hacked up the files for
> the Fusion card (mostly duplicating Chris' work) and updated the subdevice
> number and descriptions in several places (cx88/ mt352).  I build the new
> kernel and installed the updated modules.  I can now modprobe cx88-dvb, and
> cx88xx recognizes my card, loads lots of other modules, and does not
> generate any errors.
>
>    The problem is that v4l does not seem to connect to the card.  xawtv
> can't find the device.  I tried re-creating /dev/video* but it didn't help.
>
>    Any suggestions on what I need to enable v4l for this card?
>
> --Keith
>
> P.S.  My card http://www.hopnet.net/dvb.html, and Chris' notes
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/

Keith,
	The cx88xx module should give you a v4l device for the Analog part of the
card only, which is the S-Video port on the back. For DVB the cx88-dvb module
which will give you /dev/dvb/adaptor0/. The card does look the same as the
Dvico, is the subdevice number the same ? If the subdevice is the same, no
hacking of the driver is required, if the subdevice id is different then
thats all you should need to change in cx88-cards.c I had to do this with my
kworld card, which is the same as the DNTV-Live but with a different
subdevice. Also with kernel 2.6.12-rc3 and maybe earlier? the DVICO Fusion is
in all ready so chris patch is not needed, maybe worth a try.
 Can you post the output of  dmesg after modprobing cx88-dvb.
 When I first got my cx88 dvb card it was not supported, but I could still use
the svideo port with v4l device, the cx88xx module just picked it up as a
unknown/generic card but worked just fine, for the analog part only.

Andrew.