[linux-dvb] Typhoon DVB-T Duo Digital/Analog Cardbus (saa7133 based)

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>>>Jan Dittmer wrote:
>>Well if you've any patches - I'd definitly give them a spin.
>>

>  From my point of view, we can proceed the following way. Let's assume
> i get my patches out this weekend.

What is the code base you're working against? linux-tv cvs, mm or
plain linus?

> While waiting for feedback, i can make a blind shot and extent the
> TDA10046 driver as needed and post it untested. You can extend the dvb

What is needed in this driver? Is the typhoon card also based on this
chip? Do you have any hardware outline of these cards?
If I understand it correctly, the pci device, with the analog
functionality is the saa7134.
There is another external chip which controls the analog tuner (via i2c?).
The tda10046, is then dvb-t tuner?
How does the picture get back to the screen? Through an analog input of
the saa7134 or is there a way to get the mpeg feed directly?

> driver taking the MD7134 as an example and start testing.
> Again assuming that feedback for the MD7134 goes well, i will try to get
> it into the official kernel end of next week. Afterwards i can jump into
> this game.

I'm not that in a hurry, getting the thing to work would be a nice start.
Unfortunatly I'm a bit busy right now - but probably tomorrow I can
take a look at the drivers and the card and start hacking on it.
It would be really good, if you could sent me your patches till then, so
that we don't duplicate work.

Thanks,

--
Jan