[linux-dvb] DVICO FUSION USB?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, ray matt wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I noticed that there has been some discussion on this
> > list about usb versions of cards and wondered if this
> > one will eventually be supported, as the pci versions
> > seem to be.
>
> Hi,
>
> Maybe it will be supported, if someone has the device and is interested in
> Linux support :) Do you have that box?

Hi,

I recently reverse-engineered a Mac driver for this box. Based on snooping
the usb traffic from the Windows driver - it was actually pretty easy (or
maybe I've spent too much time looking at MT352 registers :). Anyway it
would not be hard to write a Linux driver from the source to my driver.
Which is available from the CVS on my web site as usual.

> Once I contacted DVICO generally asking about their position to Linux, but
> they never replied, even though at the CeBIT they seemed to be interested.

Yes, my sources at DVICO have dried up too. Thus the reverse engineering.

> If you have that box, we could do some usb snooping attempts to find out,
> how hard it will be to write the driver.

I suspect it will fit very nicely into your dvb-usb framework :)

> regards
> Patrick.

{P^/