[linux-dvb] dvb trouble with the pinnacle 300i (mt352)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Alexander Macdonald wrote:

[snip]
>> I am using the video4linux archive from
>> http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/video4linux-20050403-221421.tar.gz
>> with kernel 2.6.10 and the kaffeine video player version 0.6-cvs from
>> http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net/
>
> ok, just to get things straight. Those video4linux snapshots are the
> same as the kernel patches, but with added patches to the v4l core
> right? or are they more up to date in general? I'm not sure which I
> should be using.

I don't know. These were the only v4l sources I was able to compile
without trouble and the only ones leading to a working setup.

>> I have got the same audio/video glitches that you report, but they have
>> become less frequent since I use kaffeine as a player.
>
> well my card is being used in a headless mythtv mini-itx box to stream
> tv around my house so kaffeine is no good for me.

OK.

[...]
> I had a quick look and only saw one such place (changing some value to
> 0xf4 in the mt352_set_parameters function), changing it didn't seem to
> have any impact on the readreg errors.

There have been more tips on what to change in the code if your card is
a Pinnacle card in an earlier thread, maybe by one of the maintainers
of the mt352 code.

> Anyway I'm just a c++ programmer and I've never written a device driver
> in my life so I'm in no position to start tinkering with the source.

I'm just a simple c programmer myself. :-)

Regards,
Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert - Linux TV User