[linux-dvb] recording multiple channels

Hi all,

I understand (thanks to the recent posts on the list) that it is
possible to record multiple programs at once, so long as they are on
the same multiplex. My question is, how do I do that using the DVB
api?

If I want to record a single programme (collection of PIDs) then I can
filter them to TS_OUT_TS_TAP, and the pids will be automatically mixed
into a new TS that I can read from the dvr device.

I'm guessing if I try that with multiple channels (2 collections of
PIDs) then I'd get a TS with both channels in it, and I'd have to do
work to separate the two.

One way would be to do the above, and write it out as 2 streams
(filter each packet one way or the other, and rewrite the PMT etc as I
go - sending a PMT into each stream). If I do that, which parts of the
stream would I need to rewrite?

Another approach would be to us TS_OUT_TAP, and do all the
remultiplexing myself. Not sure how to go about that... and it sounds
like if I go the TS_OUT_TS_TAP route then the driver does more work
for me.

What do people recommend?

Thanks

Matt