[linux-dvb] "irq 7: nobody cared!" after upgrade to SuSE 9.3.

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Carsten Koch wrote:
>>I upgraded my VDR system from SuSE 9.2 with vanilla kernel 2.6.11
>>to SuSE 9.3 with SuSE kernel 2.6.11.4-20a-default.
>>In both cases I use the DVB drivers that came with the kernel.
>>
>>With the SuSE kernel, I am getting "irq 7: nobody cared" quite
>>often (18 times yesterday). Here is the latest:
>
> Iirc this is a very old problem with 8259-style interrupt controllers.
>
> If an interrupt input is not asserted long enough the chip is unable to
> identify the real interrupt source. It will detect a phantom IRQ 7 irq.
>
> Try to assign a different interrupt to the pci slot.

OK.
I guess I can swap the network card and the budget card....

The strange thing is, I have not had a single "irq 7: nobody cared!"
error under vanilla kernel 2.6.11 (all hardware exactly the same).
Just grepped for it in my logs between February and last Friday.
The problem appeared the moment I installed SuSE 9.3 with the SuSE
kernel. Pure coincedence?

Carsten.