[linux-dvb] DVB USB driver question

Hi,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, gk wrote:
>> So I guess the firmware is part of the problem. Is
>> dvb-dibusb-6.0.0.5.fw the firmware file I need? If
>> not, can I extract firmware from the Windows driver
>> supplied with my receiver?
>
> Hi
> I had the same problem. Download the cvs driver from linuxtv.org or browse the
> directory, there are all the firmware files. I use debian sarge, with 2.6.10
> from sid. To get the box running I have to plug it in twice after booting,
> and I also have to remame the firmware file from ...01.fw to ...1.fw but I
> don't remember exactly. To watch tv I use kaffeine-cvs, and it works great.
> When I stop kaffeine and plug the yakumo box out, my laptop freezes and my pc
> brings up weired kernel messages.
> Hope this helps you a little.

Guenter, which checkout date does your dvb-kernel has?

In current dvb-kernel the yakumo device is driven by dvb-usb-* and not by
dibusb anymore (even though the sources of dibusb are still there). If you
just load

insmod dvb-usb.ko
and
insmod dvb-usb-dtt200u.ko

you don't need to rename firmware files.

Mark, you probably use the driver from the kernel, don't you? Please use
dvb-kernel instead, as already suggested by Guenter and as described
above.

Guenter I'm interested in the crashes you describe. Can you post more
information about it?

regards
Patrick.

--