[linux-dvb] DVB USB driver question

Hi,

Have been try to get my USB 2 DVB-T receiver working
on Fedora Core 2. None of the linux-dvb kernel modules
are loaded before I plug the receiver into a USB port.
When I plug it in, I get the following syslog
messages:

usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 2
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: found a 'Yakumo
DVB-T mobile USB2.0' in cold state, will try to load a
firmware
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: did not find a
valid firmware file. Please see
linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on
firmware-problems.
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: Yakumo DVB-T
mobile USB2.0 error while loading driver (-22)
dvb_dibusb: probe of 1-4:1.0 failed with error -22
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_dibusb

After this, lsmod shows that the required kernel
modules are loaded:
Module                  Size  Used by
dvb_dibusb             17605  0
dvb_core               82921  1 dvb_dibusb
dib3000mb              10817  1 dvb_dibusb
dib3000mc              12865  1 dvb_dibusb
dib3000_common          4545  2 dib3000mb,dib3000mc
snd_mixer_oss          17089  2
snd_intel8x0           33249  3
snd_ac97_codec         67745  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm                93769  2
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              29381  1 snd_pcm
snd                    53797  7
snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pc
m,snd_timer
snd_page_alloc          9669  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
soundcore              10273  3 snd
it87                   19045  0
eeprom                  7641  0
i2c_sensor              3521  2 it87,eeprom
i2c_isa                 2369  0
i2c_sis96x              5445  0
i2c_core               21057  7
dvb_dibusb,dib3000_common,it87,eeprom,i2c_sensor
,i2c_isa,i2c_sis96x

After checking the dvb-dibusb.c/h source, i worked out
that the firmware file it is trying to load is
dvb-dibusb-6.0.0.5.fw. I was not able to find this
fireware on linuxtv.org, but found
dvb-dibusb-avertv-usb2-1.fw is listed for DIBCOM USB
devices. I downloaded this and renamed it to
dvb-dibusb-6.0.0.5.fw, to see if the firmware loader
would work. When plugging in the receiver, I now get
the following syslog messages:

usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 3
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: found a 'Yakumo
DVB-T mobile USB2.0' in cold state, will try to load a
firmware
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: using firmware
file (dvb-dibusb-6.0.0.5.fw).
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: Yakumo DVB-T
mobile USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.
usb 1-4: USB disconnect, address 3
drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: Driver for
DiBcom based USB Budget DVB-T device successfully
deinitialized and disconnected.
usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 4

But the power LED on my receiver remains off.

Here is some of the output from lsusb -v before the
firmware is loaded:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 14aa:0201
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
  bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x14aa
  idProduct          0x0201
  bcdDevice            0.00
  iManufacturer           0
  iProduct                0
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength          171
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
    MaxPower              100mA

And after the firmware is loaded:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 07ca:a801 AVerMedia
Technologies, Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface
level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x07ca AVerMedia Technologies,
Inc.
  idProduct          0xa801
  bcdDevice            0.00
  iManufacturer           1 AVerTV
  iProduct                2 A801
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           46
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
    MaxPower              500mA

So I guess the firmware is part of the problem. Is
dvb-dibusb-6.0.0.5.fw the firmware file I need? If
not, can I extract firmware from the Windows driver
supplied with my receiver?

Some info on my DVB-T receiver is available at:

http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/products/vdo_ub300.html

It does seem to be a Yakumo clone, as the windows
firmware driver is also named DTT200ULD.sys. Looks
like the Windows device driver is from Computer &
Entertainment, Inc.

Would greatly appreciate any advice on getting this
running on Fedora Core 2.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile