[linux-dvb] Nebula DigiTV USB?

Hi,

I get the impression from the wiki and mailing list that the PCI version
of Nebula Electronic's DigiTV is supported under Linux. However, they
also do a USB 2.0 version:

http://www.nebula-electronics.co.uk/information/info.asp?Code=0003

which doesn't seem to work, although I assume the functional innards are
basically the same. From what I gather, the dvb-bt8xx driver with either
the nxt6000 or the mt352 frontend (depending on how recent the DigiTV
device is) ought to work.

Watching /var/log/messages when I plug the device in, the *only* thing I
see is the following:

kernel: usb 3-4.4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address
5

I'm taking this to mean that hotplug just isn't loading any driver. If I
load dvb-bt8xx manually, all I get is:

kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
kernel: bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded

with no mention of any bttv devices being found or created, etc.

I just wanted to know whether anyone else has tried one of these devices
in Linux, and with what success? Nebula's website seems to indicate that
they're quite happy to give technical specs to help the development of a
Linux driver - apparently they've already done so for the PCI version? -
so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too difficult to get the USB version up
and running if someone clever has a chance to look at it. :-)

The output above was all produced using Linux 2.6.10 (default kernel on
Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog.) Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's
anything I can do, e.g., testing.

Thanks in advance,

Allan