[linux-dvb] Twinhan dtv sat-express (now working)

Hi,

I just want to post, what helped me to get this card working:

Kernel 2.6.10 - plain - no patches

No firmware needed

About 40% signal strength under Windows, some Channels with 33%
strenght, can not be tuned always.

modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
modprobe bttv_bt8xx
(dst is loaded automaticaly, else modprobe dst)

To test if the driver and card is working, use szap and tune to N24 or
something (with -r) and point mplayer to /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

I had serious problems, as under 2.4.x and 2.6.x hotplug under gentoo
locked my machine, and it took me some time to find out that 2.6.10
works. I have also read about patching bttv under 2.6.11, but I didn't
tried this.

Using this card with mplayer or xine (dvb://) directly, did not work for
me. Mplayer was not able to tune correctly (using the same channels.conf
worked with szap and vdr).

Now I am using this card with vdr and xine-plugin. The card is working
well and I did not had any further serious problems.

Scanning Channels is not working very well, but this could be because of
the low signal strength. I have used a channels.conf from szap. Under
Windows the card is also working - scanning works much better, but
tuning fails often (not so under Linux).

Regards
Leonard Penzer