[linux-dvb] OT: Nebula card and its software

This post is OT, but it may be of interest.

As per posts to this list passim, my old Nova card broke, and I got hold
of a Nebula card that is, so far, not supported in Linux.

Anyway, I was subject to pressure to get the telly working again, and I
had a spare hard drive so, I thought, I would use the software that
Nebula provides.

Well, a quick Win2k install happened, followed by the Nebula software,
and, well, I was absolutely astounded. It is insanely great software. It
works incredibly well on live TV (including pausing), recording and
playback, electronic programme guide and remote control.

I first got involved in the Linux DVB project when I had a Hauppauge
Nova-T card, and the accompanying Windows software, which was risible.
Although a Linux user (for my work, day-to-day, then as now) I never
thought that OS as the basis for my telly.  Well, it was for the last
few years, but it ain't no more!

This is OT, because it is nothing to do with the drivers. However, if
any of the application developers want inspiration, have a look at
Nebula's efforts: it will either inspire you to do more, or depress you
with its all-round competence.