[linux-dvb] devices in /dev/deb not being created???

Hi sorry to be a pain. Everything is looking good except that UDEV is
not creating all of the required devices I need in /dev/dvb. I read and
followed the docs that said I needed to

create a new file /etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh and add the following:

!/bin/sh
/bin/echo $1 | /bin/sed -e
's,dvb\([0-9]\)\.\([^0-9]*\)\([0-9]\),dvb/adapter\1/\2\3,'

And then I had to change all the permissions to make it executable etc.
(Actually this step wasn't required as the script already existed).

I then followed the next step which was as follows:

"create a proper udev rule that will create the device nodes
like you know them. All real distributions out there scan the
/etc/udev/rules.d
directory for rule files. The main udev configuration file
/etc/udev/udev.conf
will tell you the directory where the rules are, most likely it's
/etc/udev/rules.d/

Create a new rule file in that directory called "dvb.rule" and add the
following line:

KERNEL="dvb*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh %k", NAME="%c"

Which was easy enough to follow. But still all of my devices aren't
being created.

I simply want my /dev/dvb directory to look and work exactly like it did
when I used MAKEDEV to build my device nodes in the past.

Can anyone please explain how do I do this?

On an interesting note I just discovered, I can tune and watch TV using
Xine - but only one channel at a time, by putting the channel I want to
watch at the top of my channels.conf file. If I try to change the
channel I get an error that says something about there being no plugin
to handle '/dvb://BBC2 (or whatever channel). KAXTV/Kaffeine gives the
same error, although it can't even tune into any single streams.

So I have no clue what isgoing on.

Any hints at all would therefore be very much appreciated.

I am very close to finishing this so I would be very grateful if anyone
could help me make that final push.

Best regards,

GJ