[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2005 09:20, you wrote:
>
>>Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
>>
>>>While thinking about this, should it be a callback interface or plain copy
>>>interface with buffering? Maybe both?
>>
>>I believe a simple copy would be sufficient, as i understand..
>

> Only problem is that there are already several copies done in the dvb driver;
> from the dma area into the dvb_ringbuffer and from the ringbuf to userspace.
> I hate optimizing, it always leaves gaps to fill in :)
>

>>>Also I'm pondering of an mmap style implementation that will be in v4.
>>
>>A mmap style would be nice, but initially shouldn't we keep the goals a
>>bit low ?
>

> Yes, agree with you on this, but the recording features of a dvb adapter
> is somewhat coupled together with frontend tuning, setting ca pids,
> finding section tables and so on.

Then why don't we set up on an interface similar to EN50221 in userspace
? I am already doing that as part of the High Level CI interface
(liben50221) .. I have yet to fix a few bugs/incompatibilites that i
have introduced ... Well, let me get that fixed up so that people can
take a look at it.. but you might have to wait a bit on that.. That was
why i was holding a bit on that..

Doing that way would be easier, as most people having a copy of the
document can straight away punching at code to get going as Ralph
pointed out ... And the best part of all is that, we do get a very
standard interface in userspace whatever hardware that might be.. What
do you think ?

Manu