[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 20:27, Manu Abraham wrote:
> <snip>
> I'll get back to those snipped lines.
>

>>Ideas evolve out of a base platform.. first let's get a small platform
>>in there .. We could get moving on that.. Any suggestions .. ?
>>
>>Johannes suggested thus ..
>>
>>"A lib for all the basic funtionality of szap and scan (tuning, filters,
>>parsing) would be cool, but please keep it simple."
>

> I've quickly wrapped together something here, but I need some suggestions on
> how to best handle recording (remember general interface) and the multiple
> parameters of the various device types. Would the interface below be an
> adequate interface suitable for every device type?

For the frontend tuning stuff, i think what you sugegsted would be more
than sufficient. Maybe this can become an abstraction of the frontend
hardware .. ? I have not reached to a point where i have completely
abstracted the CI hardware interface, but could make it there soon
possible, provided we generalize the interface.

So do you plan to generalize the interface for the standard CI access ?
The liben50221 could possible interface on top of that since any
application will then have to send in only the relevant en50221 tag
whether it be for the existing CI interface or the High level interface.
This would make the interface kind of standard, whatever hardware it be.

With the High Level CI interface, the hardware will just look like a FTA
device with CI commands EN50221 objects transferred directly to the
driver, with the standard ioctls. For the current low level CI stuff, a
translation layer/CI stack would be required to handle the transport
layer and the sessions.

Simply use the relevant tag. I will get you more insight into this..
Once you see what it is you will have a better idea..

I will start upon this with a fresh head tomorrow. Will get you an
insight into ca_zap too.. So i believe we are moving ahead.. ;-)

Manu