[linux-dvb] Converting TS file to DVD format

Monday Mar 28 10:49:17 +0300 2005 Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@xxxxxx> wrote:

> In addition to other tips posted so far, my current "recipe" is as:
>

> First record .ts file with dvbstream (vdr could do, too)
>
> (Then optionally do crude cutting with simpletscut.pl (*) )
>
> Then demux using Project X (project-x.sourceforge.net)
>
> Then use lve (http://lvempeg.sourceforge.net/) to find "cutpoints"
> in the .mpv/.m2v file.
>
> Then run m2vmp2cut (*) to do (frame accurate!) cut on the source.
>
> Finally a dvdauthor run to make dvd video images
>
> (... and, or course; growisofs -dvd-compat -Z $dev -dvd-video -udf "$@")
>

> (*) simpletscut and m2vmp2cut are available in my homepage at
> http://www.iki.fi/too/sw/m2vmp2cut/

Argh, of course I forgot. m2vmp2cut can handle PAL format video
(and only mp2 audio). So, this x480 doesn't probably go. :/

Anyway, ProjectX works (and my crude simpletscut.pl (with 1MB precision :/)
too). There is also simple `pxdemux' (with remux option) shell wrapper
helper for ProjectX in directory m2vmp2cut/lve_patches available.

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Eric Vaandering
>

> Tomi

Tomi again.