[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T

Hi, Karsten

>> I have the card running with kernel 2.6.11.2.
>
> To make it clear to me:
> have you tried kernel 2.6.10 before,
> and it didn't work?

I can't tell, I upgraded from a 2.4.x kernel directly
to 2.6.11.

>> So the problem might be that the scan has a timeout.
>

> That would explain  why vdr works but scan can't find anything,
> wouldn't it?

I haven't tried vdr yet. Up to now, i use tzap and xine / mplayer.
But i can easily observe the long locking time.
When i try scan i also see the message "tuning failed" once. Scan
obviously makes a second attempt and this succeeds for me.
I can imagine that due to component tolerances, some tuners are even
slower than mine and this may make the second attempt of scan
fail as well.

>> Please try to duplicate the entries in the initial config file,
>> this should give the tuner more time to lock.

This just is a "blind shot".
Btw: In the database distributed with "kaffeine", i found one
mistake which caused the scan for this station to fail as well.
So you should also check the initial file carefully.

happy hacking
    Hartmut