[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nexus-S v2.3 / Nova-s usb v2.2

On Friday 18 March 2005 08:25, Niklas Peinecke wrote:
> I agree with Oliver that an own complete inittab for each driver would be far
> easier to understand and maintain than separated patches spread over
> different files. But since I'm not an active developer, just my 2 cents.

Hi Niklas,

Hm, it appears not, because now that I have filtered out any value that
is overwritten in either stv0299 or the drivers own set_symbol_rate/pll_set
the amount of differences has gone down drastically. I had also forgot to
remove the identical inittab of dvb-ttusb-budget.c :)

I also incorporated the change suggested by Oliver, that reg 0x02 should
be initialized to 0x30 (I modified stv0299_sleep also), as the stv0299
datasheet outlines that bit 4 and 5 must be programmed to one. This
completly removed the post_load_inittab of most configs.

I now have the attached patch with the following diffstat:

 b2c2/flexcop-fe-tuner.c         |   58 ++++----------------
 b2c2/skystar2.c                 |   59 ++++-----------------
 frontends/stv0299.c             |   51 +++++++++++++++++-
 frontends/stv0299.h             |    9 +--
 ttpci/budget-av.c               |   45 ----------------
 ttpci/budget-patch.c            |   43 ---------------
 ttpci/budget.c                  |   43 ---------------
 ttusb-budget/dvb-ttusb-budget.c |   44 ---------------

We could take the middle road here, and do the changes to the inittabs that
are completly identical, and remove/strip those inittabs with large changes
when they have been tested by someone.

Kenneth