[linux-dvb] Encrypted UK Freeview channels

Hello,

As far as I can tell you need to buy any ISO 7816 standard smartcard
reader like this on on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5173799541&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I intend to buy one of these cards very soon and attempt to get it working
with mythtv as this howto mentions that there is limited CAM support:
http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb3.html  I'm using a budget cx88
dvb-t card on Ubuntu.

I'll let you know how it goes - might take me a while tho ;)

Also there may be a way to use a smartcard reader/writer to gain these
encrpted channels for free, but that's a whole other story.....

Regards,