[linux-dvb] Encrypted UK Freeview channels

Hey Gavin,

I saw your post re encrypted Freeview channels. I have an Avermedia 771
DVB-T card under Fedora. Is a 'CAM' something I can plug in in addition to
the AverMedia ? Or does it require a 'ACM' enabled DVB card in the first
place ?

Thanks.

Matthew

Gavin Hamill <gdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/03/2005 15:37

Soyeb Aswat <soyeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [linux-dvb] Encrypted UK Freeview channels

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:27:55PM +0000, Soyeb Aswat wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know how the encrypted UK Freeview channels are encrypted?
> Has anyone tried a subscription card with one of the DVB-CI cards
> supported by linux?  If so which DVB card did you use and did it work?
> ?7/month is an excellent deal, but I wanna know if it'll work first.

Hi :)

Yep they're using MediaGuard 7.6 (more popularly known as "SECA 2") and
you can either use their own CAM for ?40, or any other SECA 2-compatible
CAM.

I haven't personally used one with Linux but there's zero reason why it
shouldn't work.

It's ?7.99 a month, but just be aware that you only get 4 channels extra
at any one time - they share time slots so e.g. you won't get any
cartoons after 6pm etc. :)

Cheers,
Gavin.