[linux-dvb] New Nova-t installation

Hi,

while I was unable to follow the discussion for some month I saw that a
lot has changed on the v4l cvs. I guess this is the same with linuxtv's cvs.
I am now in the process of reinstalling my system. To save some time it
would be really nice if someone could tell me how the proposed way of
getting the new (in fact 2 of them) Nova-T with IR support to work.

Which kernel to take?
Does a vanilla kernel have the support I need?
If not - Which patches should I use and what should I install
additionally? (v4l cvs/patch, dvb in kernel/additionally)

Yours
Sebastian