[linux-dvb] [patch] dvb-bt8xx cleanup

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 08:57, you wrote:
>
>>Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I've attached a patch for dvb-bt8xx that I wish to commit.
>>>
>>>I've moved the card specific bttv cruft out of the dst frontend module,
>>>so that it can be moved to the other frontends.
>>
>>No, Kenneth, I am working on it, and the card specific stuff is
>>required.. It will break a lot of stuff. that i am working on..
>

> Good thing I asked then. Is it possible for you to merge the patch
> with your work? Btw, the card specific stuff is not removed, but

Yes, that would have put away, all my work to waste..

My first aim is to get a driver working by atleast quite a couple of cards..
Once that is achieved, i don't have any problem in having new patches,
in fact i would be happy if some patches would make it look like a
standard DVB card. :-)

> moved from the frontend driver to the card driver. This is how
> all other frontend drivers are coded.

A diff between 1.39 and 1.38 shows the bttv dependancy removed from the
or51211 frontend, that was making the tree not to compile properly. I
don't see anything other than that.

Or is there something more ? I mean what you committed ..

Manu