[linux-dvb] Re: Error while compiling CVS kernel driver

On Sunday 27 Feb 2005 17:38, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Thomas Albrecht wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I posted a workaround patch for that on 21/2 if you look in the
> >> archive.
> >
> > I found your patch in the archive. Can you describe in some words how to
> > use it? Will there be an "official" solution for this problem?
>
> The official (and only) solution would be to remove the bttv-calls from
> the or51211-frontend completely.

Indeed.

> I hesitate to commit the workaround patch (add the bt-directory to the
> frontend-include-path), because I suppose the actual necessary changes
> will be forgotten then.

I don't think it should be applied either, I didn't want to wade in and hack
the code about though since I don't know who introduced that frontend
dependency and if they are working on or have already written a fixed
version.

Regards,

--
Ivor