[linux-dvb] Confused Air2PC owner

I don't usally do this, but I'm going to repost something I posted
over on the Myth-Users list:

----------------------

First off, try these directions, if you haven't already:

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/angel/mythtv/air2pc-howto.html

They were the foundation i started with to make mine work (FC3,
Air2PC, Myth 0.17)

I ran into the permissions thing as well, and once I got the DVB
driver loading correctly at boot, they all went away.

Second, working with HD channels is REALLY messed up right now. Badly.
Even in the latest CVS.  It took me most of (2) days to get mine
right.. Here's what turns out the be the recipe to success, at least
for me.

1. Run the channel search in the mythv-setup program (also found in
/usr/src/mythtv/setup/setup if you checked out from CVS and put it in
/usr/src). Let it add ALL the channels it finds. This is the only
place you're going to get ASTC information the backend needs to tune.

2. Go create an HD specific profile on Zap2IT for the channels you
want to use. Map that profile to the HD card. Run mythfilldatabase to
get some data in.

3. Open the channel editor in mythweb, and start carving up. Important
things are XMLID's (for program data) ATSC PID information. I did a
little bit in phpmysql as well, but when I was done I'd combined all
the right things from the channel search and zap2it. Basically I took
the ATSC info, and moved it into the Zap2it channel entries, and then
made all my "searched" channels not visible.   if you remove a channel
from either listing, it gets added back, either when you run
mythfilldatabase, or run a channel search again, so it's better to
leave it there, but not visible.

Let me know how this goes, I'm happy to help a fellow air2pc'r.