[linux-dvb] Writing DVB Software - couple questions

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:50:58AM +0100, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Hamish Moffatt" <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > OK, that's good to know. This never happened for analog tuners
> > on Windows as far as I'm aware.
>
> It did: The WDM driver model is an established standard on Windows. And
> there are TV applications for Windows which run on all analog TV cards with
> WDM drivers, e.g. http://www.chris-tv.com/news.html

Right, but there wasn't a standard for analog tuners. Last time I tried
this (years ago), it seemed that every TV app had its own card database
about how the tuner was connected to the Bt848 etc.

WDM had the video capture aspects covered but not the tuning.
Did this ever get fixed?

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>