[linux-dvb] TV-Out card recommendation

Simon Baxter wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> It looks like this card is an AGP, not PCI?

Correct

> Is it possible to get a 'good' watchable TV picture with a PCI TV-out
> card? Do I have to re-wire a VGA card, or is there a simple
> out-of-the-box solution?

I don't know about the quality of the TV output, or the Linux
compatibility, but you can certainly get Radeon and GeForce cards with
TV-out in PCI versions.
For example here (Australian retailer):
http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_image_products.php?input[category_id]=107

Any card which advertises TV-out with composite output should be a
fairly simple plug-and-play operation with any normal TV (once you get X
or framebuffer or whataver set up)

Rodd