Re: Anybody working on gdm72xx?

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:12:55AM -0700, Ben Chan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Kristina Martšenko
> <kristina.martsenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Here is an example of another driver being moved out:
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg100924.html
> >

> Thanks Kristina.  checkpatch reports 1 errors and 17 warnings on the
> current driver.
>
> I guess I need to first submit patches to staging-next to address
> these issues, and then submit another patch to move it out of staging,
> right?

Yes, that would be good.  But when you submit it for inclusion to the
drivers/net/ location, just make a "new" patch that adds the driver, not
one that moves the code, which will make it easier to review by the
network developers.  After it gets accepted into the network location,
then we can just delete the drivers/staging/ code.

thanks,

greg k-h