Re: DSP Bridge driver DVFS: two Kconfig oddities

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Paul Bolle <pebolle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 03:56 -0500, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> I don't think the DVFS code in tidspbridge ever worked in an upstream
>> kernel.
>
> What does "upstream" mean here? Does it refer to a kernel based on
> Linus' tree or to a kernel based on (some) TI OMAP related tree, with
> code not (yet) in Linus' tree?

I meant Linus' tree, but actually that's the case for any public tree
AFAIK. It did work in some internal Nokia tree, but that version of
DVFS never made it to the public, and when DVFS finally landed on
upstream, I don't think anybody from Nokia was working on that code
any more.

I vaguely recall Nishant Menon mentioning that he wanted to fix this,
but that was a long long time ago. I think the patch would be rather
small, but I don't have setup nor the expertise at the moment to
actually write it.

--
Felipe Contreras