Re: speakup issues

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 10:59:58AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> Hi Greg,

Hi.  Note my email change, you probably got the bounce from the old
suse.de address already...

> I am writing to you and to this list because I'm not quite sure where
> else to write to ask this.
>
> For those on the list who do not know me, I am one of the developers
> working on Speakup.
>
> I am interested in collecting a list of things that would need to happen
> to allow speakup to move from staging to mainline. Is this list the
> place to get that kind of information?
>
> Greg, if you decide when things can move, can you give me a list of
> things that we need to look into fixing?
>
> I'm sure the speakup serial i/o code is one of those things, but what
> else needs to be done?

Dan has given you a great list of things to work on, start with that.

Running checkpatch.pl is a great place to start with.  The serial stuff
can be worked on as well, there are better ways to resolve that problem.

Also, please remove all the BUG_ON() instances, no driver should ever be
able to instantly stop a machine, with no chance of it to be revived,
that's just not nice.

thanks,

greg k-h