Re: [COMMENT] CSR WLAN driver in the staging tree

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:09:38AM +0200, Lauri Hintsala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The driver is based on CSR's Unifi 5.1.0 WiFi driver and it launches
> proprietary user space helper application as Alex said.
>
> Unfortunately we are allowed to share user space binaries only for
> Bluegiga customers who are using our WiFi products. I think the only
> way to get proprietary user space application is to ask it directly
> from CSR.

Really?  I thought that these applications were able to be downloaded by
anyone.  If this isn't the case, then I'm going to have to delete the
kernel code as it's pretty pointless to be there because no one can
actually use it :(

Any word on getting the NDA signed with CSR so we could get access to
the specs for this chip?  Last I checked it was stalled somewhere on
your side, right?

thanks,

greg k-h