Re: NDAS now fully open sourced.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 02:40:05PM -0400, linux at iocellnetworks wrote:
> Dear Mr Kroah-Hartman,
>
> Thank you for your patience and many advice since I asked about
> adding NDAS to the Linux Kernel.
>
> Now the NDAS Driver is allowed to be fully open sourced.

That's great to hear!

> So I would like to become busy with your team to integrate this to
> the Linux tree, but I will need much help.
>
> Please find the current working sources, now on github and send me
> with any instructions.
>
> https://github.com/iocellnetworks

There is a lot of non-driver code in these repositories, could you point
to exactly what kernel code you are wishing to have merged?

> I have some difficulty locating the "how to get started in linux
> staging" by google and the driverproject wiki has now the broken
> company page.

If you wish to do this yourself, take a look at the Documentation/HOWTO,
Documentation/SubmittingPatches and Documentation/SubmittingDrivers
files in the Linux kernel source tree.

If you need our help, figuring out exactly what code you wish to get
into the kernel from the above repositories is a great first step.  We
can help you get it in a format that builds in the kernel tree, submit
it, and review it for what needs to be done in cleaning it up and
getting it merged into the "proper" portion of the kernel source tree.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

thanks,

greg k-h