Re: VME and the staging tree

On 03/11/11 06:30, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 11:30:19AM +0100, Manohar Vanga wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> With the cleaned up code in the VME driver, do you think we can get it out
>> of staging and into the main driver tree?
>>
>> Please let me know if there are any more changes that need to be made and I
>> will work on those ASAP.
>>

> It's too late for the 3.2 kernel obviously...
>
> Which maintainer would be responsible for this when it gets moved
> out?

I assume that would be me (since I introduced the VME drivers to the staging
tree).

> They should be on the CC list and whatever their mailing list
> is.  Probably linux-kernel should be CC'd as well.

Mailing list wise, there isn't yet a VME specific mailing list, Greg has (as
far as I remember) been happy with us using the driverdev list up to this
point, but this is probably something that needs discussing again before we
shift the code out of the staging tree.

In the past Greg mentioned that he'd be happy to continue being on the code
path (being newish to maintaining code in the kernel and not having my own git
tree setup). Greg: are you still happy with this or do I need to make other
arrangements?

Martyn

--
Martyn Welch (Principal Software Engineer) | Registered in England and
GE Intelligent Platforms                   | Wales (3828642) at 100