Re: wireless drivers in staging

Hi all,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:03:28AM -0700, Jim Lieb wrote:

> [...]

There are no data sheets or user manuals, sorry.  So there simply is nothing
that I could push VIA into releasing.

> I skimmed Forest's reference to Christoph's LKML and the list for the new/other
> driver.   [...]
> I do have one question:  It appears they are working on just the vt6656 (usb)
> version.

Yes, this is true.  hch originally wanted to work on the vt6655 (pci), but VIA
indicated that the vt6655 is not really recommended for new designs, but the
vt6656 (usb) is what is havily used in new designs by netbooks and other devices.

> Is anyone working on the mini-pci vt6655 in that group?

No, there is no such work, and VIA has only provided sample hardware for the
vt6656 (usb) to hch's group.

Regards,
--
- Harald Welte <HaraldWelte@xxxxxxxxxxx>	    http://linux.via.com.tw/