Intel graphics framebuffer driver

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some advice from linux driver developers.

There exists yet another version of intelfb framebuffer driver, which
supports mode switching
on mobile devices, and a few other things current intelfb doesn't do
or does wrong.
http://code.google.com/p/intelfb2/

It was announced on linux-fbdev-devel:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=25a99abe0903071205j5d9c1cbcp971a7af5c8b40313%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=linux-fbdev-devel

Current intel framebuffer maintainers plan to move intelfb
functionality into i915drm driver,
and that is already done and merged into following 2.6.29 release.

I was not aware of their intentions at the time of writing it, so now
intelfb2 is left dangling.
I did, however, get reports from one of the few intelfb2 users, that
i915drm framebuffer
implementation is not yet complete, and some of the fbdev features (HW
acceleration, modesetting from the userspace) critical to his software
are missing.
intelfb2, being straight fbdev implementation, provides that.

So now I'm being asked to merge it somehow somewhere,
because it the least broken solution at present time.

Basically it's yet another intel graphics driver with modesetting,
which deviated from original intelfb so far that presenting it as a
series of patches is not feasible.
I believe it can only be treated as a separate experimental driver,
rather that intelfb upgrade,
with intention of phasing intelfb1 out in the future.

So I'm asking what I can possibly do with the code I have now,
and whether it is viable to include it in the -staging tree.

Best regards,
Sergey Kvachonok