firedtv updates

I wrote on 2009-01-18:
> I pushed a few updates for firedtv (FireWire DVB driver) out to
>
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6.git
> I really need to get my act together and post the driver to LKML. :-)
> In the coming week, I will look for remaining potential submission
> hurdles and decide what I would want to tweak before I post everything.

Well, I didn't specify exactly /which/ coming week, did I?

Right now I finished addressing a few of those "potential submission
hurdles" --- I rewrote all accesses of on-the-wire data which used
bitfields in struct types to use open-coded bit shifts and bit masks
instead.  Furthermore I removed some unused declarations and
definitions.

I briefly tested these somewhat intrusive changes with a FireDTV-C/CI
and a FireDTV-T/CI, both without CA module.  But I would appreciate it
if somebody else looks at these changes as well to catch possible
mistakes.

Pushed out to linux1394-2.6.git, will also update my quilt series soon:

Stefan Richter (5):
      firedtv: avc: remove bitfields from FCP frame types
      firedtv: avc: header file cleanup
      firedtv: avc: remove bitfields from DSD command operands
      firedtv: avc: remove bitfields from read descriptor response operands
      firedtv: avc, ci: remove unused constants

 drivers/media/dvb/firewire/avc.c        |  393 +++++++++++++----------
 drivers/media/dvb/firewire/avc.h        |  381 +----------------------
 drivers/media/dvb/firewire/firedtv-ci.c |   63 ++--
 drivers/media/dvb/firewire/firedtv-fe.c |   30 +-
 drivers/media/dvb/firewire/firedtv.h    |  110 ++-----

What I still want to do before I post everything at LKML is less
ambitious:  Some whitespace and comment style changes, remove a kernel
version compatibility macro, use dev_printk, remove some pointer type
casts, collapse all header files into a single one.

So that should go swifter than the bitfield conversions.  Also, it's
quiet at the drivers/firewire and drivers/ieee1394 fronts at the moment,
giving me some room for firedtv work.
--
Stefan Richter