Out of tree drivers [was Re: Larger projects]

Hi,

On 10/19/07, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:13:35AM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > >
> > > I think this is quite interesting... there's a lot of goodies
> > > out-of-mainline that should get merged...
> >
> > Ok, what others do people know about?  How about we start a list here.
> > Here are ones that I know about:
> >         comedi
> >         speakup
> >         acer hotkey driver      http://www.cakey.de/acerhk/
> >         acx wireless driver     http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
> >         adm8211 wierless driver http://aluminum.sourmilk.net/adm8211/
> >         webcam driver           http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html
> >         ivtv video driver       http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> ivtv is already merged.
>
> >         kqemu driver            http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
> >         omnibook kernel driver  http://sourceforge.net/projects/omnibook
> >         panasonic hotkey driver http://www.da-cha.jp/letsnote
> >         parallel port hardware  http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~voegelas/pcf.html
> >         another webcam driver   http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/
> >         lirc                    (not going upstream due to developer not
> >                                 wanting it there.)
> >

> > Anyone know of others?
>
> http://venky.ws/projects/imon/
> IR/VFD module popular in HTPCs.
> there are patches in the forums to emulate a mouse using the remote as well:
> http://venky.ws/forums/viewforum.php?f=2
>
> Alex

There probably is a bunch of them only in sourceforge... the biggest
issue here is that if the project owners do not try to contact lkml
we'll never know about them...

Maybe after a while when Linux Driver Project gets more visibility
they'll come to us...

anyway, a search in sf.net for linux kernel module results in lots and
lots of pages... what about asking the developers in this list to take
a look there and just propose what they want to do???

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi
felipebalbi at users.sourceforge.net