Status report, October 16, 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:56:22PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Greg KH schrieb:
>
>>> 1. linux-wlan project
>>>
>>> http://linux-wlan.org/
>>>
>>> Still, they have drivers for some wireless devices not available in the
>>> main kernel.
>> They are currently working directly with the Linux wireless developers,
>> and know how to get code into the tree if they want to.  I'm not too
>> worried about them.  But if they want our help, I'm sure we could do so.
>> Have you asked them?
>
> So, here is the answer:
>
> http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2007-October/003724.html
>
> In short:
>
> "I'd love to see prism2_usb support go into the mainline kernel, but it's
> not something I personally have the time to work on.  If someone else wants
> to take up the torch, I'll provide what assistance I can."

You forgot the other part of that message:
	The basic problem is that in order to make linux-wlan-ng (or
	even just prism2_usb) suitable for kernel inclusion, so much
	work is involved that it would actually be less work to write a
	new driver from scratch (or add prism2_usb support to the
	in-kernel hostap/prism2 driver)

So, does anyone have this device, and thinks they might want to do this?

thanks,

greg k-h