Project and Human resource management

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:06:33 -0400
Ben Williamson <tek_notes at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Has anyone thought about getting something together to manager
> everyone. We could maybe have different categories of coders,
> beginner, advanced etc... and state everyones weaknesses and
> strengths so that when a new project becomes available you know who
> to include on the email chain.... Just thinking out loud here, main
> reason being its hard to keep up with all the emails coming in...

In this case, maybe a wiki page could serve as the central reference
for who is on what and what is open where, along with status. Like this:

http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ProjectStatus

As for the traffic volume, a simple project ID tag in the subject line
could work well.

Subject: [PRJ003] ACME detonating USB connector

Then people could jump on the open items in the project status page
from each according to ability, to each according to, well, ability I
suppose! In any case, once projects are up and running I think a lot of
traffic will go off-list.

Incidentally, I'm on this list because I volunteered for marketing
tasks (if any) way back in the stone age of this project, and for
project management when Greg asked for it. If there's a dev out there
who would like an interface to a device vendor or a bit of thinking
about how to structure/proceed, shout something in my general direction.

JA