Re: is there any quality checking on kernel-doc that goes into kernel?

On 09/24/2013 08:39:40 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

  it seems that, as time goes by, any kernel-doc content that gets
cleaned up is simply offset by more utterly unbuildable crap that's
introduced.

I've been poking at it a bit here. Unfortunately, changes go into random other files all over the tree, so I don't get notified of them before they go in and have to fix it up after the fact.

i just tried a simple "make htmldocs" and got screen after
screen of errors, culminating in an actual fatal error:

Yeah, I've been trying to fix some of them here.

Alas, all the infrastructure I had for regression testing this was built around my website generation scripts, and since the kernel.org kernel.org guys set up a TSA security threatre binary (kup) after the breakin, I haven't had rsync access so I can't actually _update_ that, so I've been really lax about updating my personal copy because I can't post it anywhere. (Well, it's on landley.net but who cares?)

I've been meaning to poke the kernel.org guys about maybe giving me an ssh key with the recieving side of an rsync transaction as the forced command line (you can do that in authorized_keys) so I can actually update the darn thing again. (Saw a presentation on this at Ohio LinuxFest last week.)

kernel-api.xml:9483: element refentry: validity error : ID API-kmalloc
already defined
<refentry id="API-kmalloc">

and i notice that there is *still* no fix for changing XHTML
generation back to HTML, even though that problem has existed for well
over a year.

I thought I forwarded along that patch. (Could you re-send it to me?)

  what is the point of encouraging people to use kerneldoc if there is
absolutely no quality control on it?

If I could update http://kernel.org/doc/htmldocs it would be part of my regular release updating. But I can't, and that's the kernel.org guys' doing. Kinda hard to care if I can't make _them_ care.

Rob--