Re: Fwd: Documentation on IMA for Linux Kernel Documentation

Ken Goldman <kgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 3/22/2023 6:58 PM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>> Review in terms of IMA-specific content?  or in terms of ReST usage?
>> or in general terms to see if it is appropriate for kernel tree documentation?
>>
>> I think that you should Cc: linux-integrity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for their input
>> as well as linux-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Several of us here can look at it for
>> general review feedback.
>
> Not the accuracy - I have IMA experts looking at that.

You still want to copy the integrity list for something like this; they
will have the ultimate say on whether it makes sense for inclusion into
the kernel tree.

> I want to know if it'll be accepted, and if the structure is OK.

...and that's hard to answer without seeing the work.  It's better to
just post what you have then to ask whether you should.

>> 2. What is the process for getting a block of documentation added to
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html?
>>  From last week's email:

>> although if you don't think that it is appropriate for either of those subdirectories,
>> just explain and justify that and it might be possible to put it somewhere else.
>
> "Where" comes later.  I just want to know if it'll be accepted at all.

We're not in the habit of turning down good documentation.  Please, post
your work to the relevant lists and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

jon