Re: Is there any Japanese translation maintainer?

[+Cc: Shibata-san]

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 02:16:10 -0600,
Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Akira Yokosawa <akiyks@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:09:59 +0900,
>> Kosuke Fujimoto wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to contact with Japanese documentation maintainer for some
>>> changes. However, it looks like there is no one listed in MAINTAINERS file.
>>> Is there anyone who is maintaining Japanese documentation?
>>
>> Existing Japanese translation has a note on its first page saying:
>>
>>> This document is maintained by Tsugikazu Shibata <tshibata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> However, this email address is not reachable any more.
>>
>> I also have a few things I'd like to fix/update in it.
>> I'm glad to know there exists someone else who has similar
>> thoughts.
>>
>> I think I can play a role as a tentative maintainer who can
>> review your changes.
>
> The Japanese translation has been effectively unmtaintained for some
> years.  I would be delighted if somebody would be willing to work to
> improve it - please don't hesitate!

Jon,

As a matter of fact, with Greg's kind help, I could reach
Shibata-san, who is now with Linux Foundation.

I'm preparing a patch adding an entry of DOCUMENTATION/JAPANESE
to MAINTAINERS.

Fujimoto-san is working on an update in ja_JP/howto.rst as well.

You will likely see both of them shortly.
Stay tuned!  ;-)

        Thanks, Akira