Progress report...

So, you may notice that http://kernel.org/doc is using the new index.html now,
which is generated from master.idx in the same directory using
make/indexsections.py

This is called from make/make.sh and that takes a new "--short" argument now
for when you don't want to update the kernel and rebuild the htmldocs (which
can take a looooong time).

I've added some content to master.idx and continue to do so, but it covers
_so_ much ground that despite having easily twice what the old index.html
did, it looks like there's less there.  (It's a bigger space to fill up.  I'm
working on it.  It's finally starting to look a bit less empty now, I
think...)

You may notice that the sections link back to the index and vice versa, so you
can navigate around a bit easier without the "back" button.

I've got the OLS papers indexed up partway through 2007, and have started
slotting those in.  But when I just did the history of the process scheduler
I went through kernel-traffic and the LWN kernel index and tried to turn it
into a coherent story.  Still need to add in the Documentation/* stuff and
the OLS papers and various other stuff...

Andrew Morton's accepted several of the 00-INDEX patches I sent upstream, I
have more to send when this batch goes through...

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.
-