Re: Master index infrastructure working.

On Monday 10 September 2007 9:59:36 am Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:51:50 -0500 Rob Landley wrote:
> > Finally.
> >
> > Ok, http://kernel.org/doc/master.html doesn't look like much, but I'm so
> > happy it's not blocking me anymore.  I've got a python script
> > (make/indexsections.py) that parses <section id="Name of Section"> tags,
> > section headers in the data at the appropriate points.  This way the
> > source format is _really_ close to the broadcast format, and can in fact
> > the source can be recreated from the broadcast version simply by
> > filtering out some stuff (so if I get patches against "view source", I
> > can deal with 'em fairly easily).
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> What is master.html built or derived from?
> and how volatile is that input?

Currently from "master.idx" in the same directory, and "very volatile at the
moment".   That's a skeleton I haven't finished converting to the new format,
and then I intend to shuffle in the resources from the main page and lots of
little files like pending/todoc.txt.  Along the way I expect the order of
entries to change, lots of stuff to expand...  I just last night found
http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/lk/lk.html and haven't figured out whether
to link to it or try to incorporate it all verbatim (after contacting the
author for permission, of course...)

Check back in a few days, please. :)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.