Generating index.html from Documentation/*/00-INDEX

[Attempt three at sending this: the list owner tells me the list's spam filter
is eating the mail because the script has html tags in it and it thinks it's
an html email.  So now I'm providing a link to the script instead.]

Here's a quick python script to generate an index.html from every 00-INDEX
file under Documentation:  http://kernel.org/make/docdiridx.py

You run it like this:

  ./docdiridx.py `find Documentation -name 00-INDEX`

I'm not currently doing this on the copy I have up on kernel.org because the
00-INDEX files aren't complete.  For example, look at the "arm" directory and
notice that the index.html list is 11 lines long but the directory contains
17 entries (not counting index.html itself.  So putting up an index.html in
that directory would _hide_ stuff from Google.

I need to bend the automatic link checky thing to show me hidden stuff, but
right now lots of stuff isn't linked to simply because lots of directories
have no 00-INDEX to generate an index html from...

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.
-