Re: crypto: hisilicon - Fix warning on printing %p with dma_addr_t

pi 16. 8. 2019 o 9:02 Ondrej Mosnáček <omosnacek@xxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
> Hi Herbert,
>
> pi 16. 8. 2019 o 1:52 Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):

> > > Thanks. However, to be honest I can't get why we fix it like this.
> > > Can you give me a clue?
> >
> > dma_addr_t is not a pointer.  It's an integer type and therefore
> > you need to print it out as such.
>
> According to Documentation/core-api/printk-formats.rst, %pad is the
> format specifier intended specifically for dma_addr_t [1], so perhaps
> the kbuild robot warning was in fact bogus?
>
> [1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/core-api/printk-formats.html#dma-address-types-dma-addr-t

Oh, wait, in that section it actually says "Passed by reference.", so
Zhou is most likely right that the proper fix is to pass a pointer to
the variable containing the address (I assume this is to make the
generic GCC's format checking pass even if dma_addr_t is not actually
a pointer).