RE: another testmgr question

> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 4:47 AM Christophe Leroy
> <christophe.leroy@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > As I already mentioned in another thread somewhere, this morning in the
> > > shower I realised that this may be useful if you have no expectation of
> > > the length itself. But it's still a pretty specific use case which was
> > > never considered for our hardware. And our HW doesn't seem to be alone in
> > > this.
> > > Does shaXXXsum or md5sum use the kernel crypto API though?
> >
> > The ones from libkcapi do (http://www.chronox.de/libkcapi.html)
>
> And they can be loaded into OpenSSL through the afalg interface.

Hmm ... yeah ... OpenSSL ... yet another synchronous API that doesn't stand a
chance of being HW accelerated (although Intel contributed some async API
fairly recently - but I don't know of any application actually ported to use
that - would love to hear about any if they do exist).

Sorry, open wound ...

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Inside Secure